I ran into a problem when I tried to use the AIX calibration tools to set up my BDP-83 with my 1070. I cannot set the subwoofer properly.

I am using the analog outs from the BDP-83 and my system is set up as 5.1. I have the 1070 set with the mains large (B&W CDM 7NTs), center small (B&W CNT), and surrounds small (B&W CDM SNTs). The sub is set to LFE. On the BDP-83 all speakers are set to large and distance is 0. To get all audio channels the 1070 must be set to Ext. 7.1 and the only format choice is Bypass.

Using the 1070's calibration tone I made sure all channels were balanced on the receiver first. Then I tried to use the AIX channel calibration, all 3 of them, to set the BDP-83 volume levels for all speakers to make them equal. When I got to the sub I cranked it all the way up to 10db, the max, and I still get a very low reading on my SPL meter. I can make the setting for the sub match by boosting the level on the 1070, but that makes the system way out of balance for all other sources.

Am I missing something? Where should I be looking for a fix for this?