I just unboxed my BDP-83 last night and everything seems to working as promised, thank you Oppo. One unpromised item that I loved in my old Oppo 980H was the excellent multi-channel matrix it would create from stereo source material (when using the analog outputs of course). This wasn't simply 5/7 channel stereo but a wonderful matrix that would separate good stereo source music through the entire surround speaker system. This matrix effect brought much better life to those stereo only SACDs and CDs (for my taste). I'll be a little disappointed if I need to leave the 980H connected (in some future configuration) just to enhance the stereo listening pleasure. I'll be calling Oppo support but I'm curious if any Outlaw my have a recommendation on a setup change I might be missing on the BDP-83?
Marantz AV7702mkII, Outlaw 7220, ,7ea-Outlaw LCR (2ea.- L/2ea.- R/C/SR/SL),Outlaw 7125 for 4ea-Outlaw LCRv2 (Atmos ceiling),Outlaw Ultra-X12 & LFM-1EX Subwoofers,BR/DVD Oppo BDP-103,BDP-83SE, Samsung 65" OLCD, Sofabato remote - Whole house audio via two (2ea) 7125s.