Quote:
I don't know if Iron Man outputs at 24fps or not but it looked very good.
My Sony LCD reports when it gets a 1080p/24 signal - Iron Man would have been outputting at 24p.
Quote:
I don't know if it was Iron Man but I had to turn up the volume more than with other inputs. CDs via analog need much less volume control to achieve the same sound levels in the room.
This makes sense. Much like DVD's, Blu-rays should have a lower audio level to allow for more dynamic range. CD's and TV will be louder at the same volume setting.
Quote:
One last thing; I've read BD load times have been a big issue with many players. I don't feel the 83's BD load time is all that much different than than my Oppo 980H.
This is very true - my Panasonic BD30 was "fast" for a Blu-ray player when I got it in late 2007, but it is significantly slower than the BDP-83 (which is comparable to the 983H and 980H for those tasks that are common to all three platforms). Even for tasks unrelated to Blu-ray, it's a substantial difference. I can press "eject" on the BD30 when it is in standby, walk all the way across the house, find a disc on the shelf, walk all the way back, open the case, and remove the disc before the tray opens. On the BDP-83, the tray will open in about 11 seconds (not enough time to get a disc case off the shelf in the same room and get back to the entertainment center). You will find that for loading BD titles, there will be a fair bit of variation in load times due to the way each disc is authored and how each disc's unique BD-Java software is written.