I received mine on Thursday set it up yesterday. The first thing I noticed was the size and weight of the player. About 1/3 bigger than my Sony S550 and very solid. I know it really means little but it feels like a premium piece of equipment. I am not usually one that dwells on the physical appearance of equipment but once I put this in my rack I realized it is one beautiful piece of gear. Very attractive front plate it just blends very well with the rest of my setup

Now on to performance. Many times it is the little things that impress one. The load times on the Oppo are much faster than the S550. No longer will I put in a movie, start it, go to the kitchen to make a sandwich, pour a drink, let the dog out and then go back to the HT to see if the movie has loaded. that is nice. Also I finally get real info with the OSD. The S550 was lacking in info but know I can see the chapter (which is a big help on Java content movies when you have to stop them). Plus the ability to switch between times info for film, chapter etc. Like I said the little things impress me.

I have only had the chance so far to watch some BD's but I am impressed. PQ is great, I honestly can't say if the BD picture is better than the Sony S550 but it is at least as good. I am using the 5.1 analog connection for audio and though I don't know why the SQ seems better than with the S550, a bit more dynamic and fuller.

One small peeve is the remote. It didn't seem to have the range of some remotes and I had to rehit buttons at times. This was solved when I setup my MX-850 which definitely puts out a stronger signal and things are fine now.

All in all I am very pleased with this purchase. Today I will be trying out some standerd DVD's and multi-channel music. let you know what I think
Behringer A500
Samsung PN58A650, DirecTV HR-20 700
Sony CDP-545, Phillips CDR 765
Oppo BDP-93, Panasonic DMR E515
Technics SL-DL5
Squeezebox 3
Remote Harmony One