Quote:
Now the nitty gritty...Do any of the Outlaws who beta tested the BPD-83 have any specific tips/recommendations for setting up the 83's analog audio with a 990? Are there any bass management quirks to worry about? On the video front I have a Pioneer 5080 Kuro plasma (768p with the ability to receive 1080p 24fps signal); how does the 83's auto resolution work?
With the 990, I'd set all speakers to large and the sub to on (the 990 will be doing bass management, so there's no reason to ask the BDP-83 to also do that). I'd also leave the trim settings and distances zero'd.

For video, the BDP-83's auto resolution mode relies on your TV's EDID information. Personally, I've not really messed with it much, as I've instead just set the resolution. For a 768p panel, I'd compare 1080p/24 output to 720p and see which I like more. It's very possible that 720p will win, but it depends on how well the Kuro's video processor converts a 1080p/24 signal to 768p/60 and I just don't know how well that specific display's video processor stacks up against the ABT2010.