Quote:
One question Gonk. I noticed you are using an Onkyo Pro processor. Will that be replaced, along with your 990, with the upcoming 997?
I wondered when someone would notice that. Yes, I plan to move from the Onkyo Pro to a 997. The sound quality of the 885 was pretty well on par with the 990, I thought, and the convenience of having HDMI audio support and all video output via HDMI are enough to make me lean toward staying at the HDMI v1.3 hardware generation, but my wife frankly hates the Onkyo and I am going to be curious to see how it compares to a 997 for both audio/video quality and wife acceptance.
Quote:
I am curious, gonk, about the analog outputs. You mentioned that you could hear an improvement when using these outputs while listening to a CD. Did you notice the same result when listening to the sound track of Blu-Ray movies?
We haven't had onboard decoding of the lossless formats for long, so I'm still making comparisons and haven't decided yet. I still find myself readily toggling over to multichannel analog, though, and I never find an urge to switch back - which makes me think that unconsciously the two are at least pretty well matched.