Vudu is a great product for the right user. I think this is a major announcement for Outlaw Audio, but it is probably not for me. I have access to instant movies over my PS3 and have never used it once. I think that getting $1,000 worth of movie rentals for $500 makes the $5.99/movie fee a little more palatable and I believe those fees will come down as the competition heats up in this area. But I don't know how many people will drop $1,500 for video on demand.

I think the thing that strikes me most about this announcement is that it is not what I think of when I think of Outlaw Audio. I think of audio engineers producing great products. This announcement is a move toward being a pass-through retailer.

Quote:
While there are other Internet retailers that sell consumer electronics products, most of them are merely reselling the same merchandise that is commonly available through traditional sales channels. By contrast, Outlaw designs and manufactures its own brand of high performance audio/video components.
There is some uniqueness here, something only available from Outlaw, and I don't think this is a trend, but it is interesting nevertheless.