OK, so I am a bit skeptical...first this doesn't seem very "Outlawish." So, the deal is $100 off the XL box for a combo purchase, and free $100 software upgrade.

What's the compromise to owning a regular DVD (besides physical space)?

Can you use it simply for digital media storage device (I assume so, but didn't find the answer on the Vudu site?

This just seems like a convenience item...pardon my skepticism...I will have to wait for more information to come out. We are already getting charged an excessive amount to maintain HiDef cable. Call me cheap, I think it is too much. How hard is it to wait until the movie is on sale, or find it used at the local music store.

Is the memory expandability? Can you eventually go 2, 3, or 4 tera?

Ironically, I have been considering a media storage device to get free up the physical space that a DVD and CD collection takes up. Man, I would like just a good storage device, bang for the buck with some hardware flexibility. I don't need on demand, unless it is cheaper then cable.

Maybe I just need to be enlightened to newer technology...didn't think I'd ever hear myself say that.

So, someone, what is the big deal with this? And whose to say Vudu doesn't go out of business in a year.

AK
Outlaw 990/7125/ATI 150; Mirage OM-5 Mains,OM-C2Cntr,OM-7 Sides,OM-9 rears; Boston Acoustics P1000 Sub; Sony NC555ES CDP; Panasonic 52" plasma, Sony 34" XBR CRT; Grant Fidelity B-283 Tube Buffer; Belkin Pure AV P60