Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
Keep in mind that the announcement is for a partnership. That means there isn't a major R&D issue associated with it, at least for Outlaw. The twist they put on it may be more manageable as a result.
Good point. I also noticed after my original post what Peter wrote later:

Quote:

As for Outlaw branded products, we are working on four or five new offerings this year. Each one, including of course, the 997, is in various stages of development. All of these products speak to our core competency in areas where we already have a history.
The key part of that statement being that it will be a product from an area where Outlaw "already (has) a history." This would seem to eliminate most of the suggestions made so far, including my own. I guess in the end, the definition of "partnership" is the key.

Lets recap our clues:
  • It is new, different and not previously discussed in any of the forums.
  • However, it is from a product area Outlaw has previously been involved with.
  • It is a "major" announcement.
  • It relates to movies.
  • It is a partnership.
  • It does not include Oppo?
  • It will be something from another company with an Outlaw twist.
  • There is one of these products in existence that is so key to an Outlaw employee's system that he/she will not part with it.

That last clue seems to exclude anything any speakers or the 997 can accomplish. I am at a loss.