Hey all,

Lately I've been thinking that I would like to try experimenting with some additional power in my setup. My speakers are relatively unknown - in fact, quite unknown. I'm aware they're not uber high end - that's ok by me as I got a really nice deal on them. (can be seen here: http://www.sonic.net/soundscape/analogexpert.com/earthquake/speakers.html).
They sound quite nice and in this setup, they can pack a punch. But I'm looking to try and squeeze more out of the system (aren't we all smile ). Specs are here:

Sat-3611 Tower (2)
Magnetically shielded
Enclosure Type: Bass-reflex
One 1-inch high definition silk dome tweeter
One 6.5-inch kevlar midrange driver
Two 6.5-inch carbon fiber bass drivers
Power Handling: 600 watts peak, nominal 15w-400w
Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1W/1M
Net Weight: 49.5 lbs
Dimensions (HxWxD): 41.33"x8.85"x13"

Sat-2511 Center Channel (1)
Magnetically shielded
Enclosure Type: Bass-reflex
Two 5.25-inch kevlar mid-bass drivers
Power Handling: 300W Max, 10-200W Nominal
Sensitivity: 89dB @ 1W/1M
Net Weight: 17.1 lbs
Dimensions (HxWxD): 6.25"x22"x9"

Sat-1511 Monitor (2)
Magnetically shielded
Enclosure type: Bass-reflex
One 5.25-inch kevlar mid-bass driver
Power Handling: 300W Max, 10-200W Nominal
Sensitivity: 88dB @ 1W/1M
Net Weight: 10.2 lbs
Dimensions (HxWxD): 11.5"x7.16"x9.24"

I feel that at higher volumes, I'm losing sound quality. I also think the mids and highs arestruggling a bit in demanding sequences. I would like to achieve more clarity at higher volumes and more punch too. (The subs have plenty of punch at high volumes but I feel like they're "outrunning" the speakers in demanding movie sequences.)

Additionally, I'd like to know what you think these speakers could handle and what would be considered a good upgrade in power. I know the 1070 is no slouch but I also know that based on the specs, these speakers should be able to handle a LOT more power.

I'm trying to do this on a budget, as I still consider it an experiment. So I'm looking for suggestions on makes/models of amps that might be located on Audiogon for relatively cheap (around $500-$600 or less).

I'm open to all suggestions - please share your opinions. Thank you!
Elite 50" / Aquos 32"
Squeezebox Radio

Stereo Setup:
NAD C326BEE (50Wx2)
Elite DV-47Ai Universal SACD/DVD-A
Citypulse DA7.2x II + TXCO DAC
B&W 685s
JL Fathom F112
Denon AH-D2000 Headphones