Sorry for the thread hijack Liz.

After impulsively replying to Altec last post, I did a little research on active crossovers.

Altec, I am curious to what your suggestions would be regarding this. Would you implement a outboard active crossover? And from our past discussions, I would think this should be a tube based unit.

Since the crossover is placed between the pre amp and amp, there is no increased degree of difficulty. Even though, I am still a little confused in regards to my application, primarily with hook up. I am assuming the cable to the speaker would have to be split.

There is just enough information for me to get myself into trouble.

So how much money are we considering to implement an active crossover?

With a tube crossover unit, my buffer would no longer be necessary, correct?

I did do some research on multi-channel tube amps. I came across the Butler Audio hybrid amps. The literature is interesting, and user reviews are positive. Is this marketing "BS" and what is your experience with hybrid amps?

Although, I have asked myself if it is worth pursuing multi channel tube amps or multiple tube amps for the home theater application.

What is the amp power consumption with SS vs. Tubes?

My girlfriend finds me hypocritical when I am trying to save electricity throughout the house, but I have a room dedicated room for audio gear.

Sorry for all the questions, and drifting topic, however they've been building up since the "990+bryston+paradigm studio" thread.

AK
Outlaw 990/7125/ATI 150; Mirage OM-5 Mains,OM-C2Cntr,OM-7 Sides,OM-9 rears; Boston Acoustics P1000 Sub; Sony NC555ES CDP; Panasonic 52" plasma, Sony 34" XBR CRT; Grant Fidelity B-283 Tube Buffer; Belkin Pure AV P60