I just looked a bit more at the Bravus subs. They are a significantly different approach to subwoofer design than what Outlaw offers. First, the Bravus subs are using smaller enclosures and are sealed designs, whereas Outlaw is using larger, ported enclosures. This has some direct impact on frequency response: the Bravus D10 (which uses two 10" drivers in a 15"x13.5"x13.5" box) has a -3dB point of 30Hz, whereas the LFM-1 Compact (which uses one 10" driver in a 16.75"x 13"x19" box) has a -2dB point of 25Hz (the -3dB point thus being a bit lower still) for half the money. Typically, smaller sealed subs will cost more than their larger, ported cousins, so some sort of price differential is to be expected in this case, and there are rooms where limited space makes that extra cost worthwhile - if the alternative is no sub, the decision gets easier. smile There are other factors to subwoofer design and performance, of course, and the Bravus parametric EQ could certainly afford some real audible improvements (similar to what could be achieved with the SMS-1, albeit in a less sophisticated form than that). I do wonder about room placement concerns with the Bravus in light of the two drivers - I'm assuming their on opposite sides of the sub, which means putting it in a corner or next to a piece of furniture could be problematic (block one driver?).