My system seems relatively flat for music and DVD's. However, I have been having a problem with HDTV and boomy bass. The problem seems to be getting worse. I first noticed it on NBA games shown on TNT (and it seems worse for those games than non-basketball TNT). It seems that over time more and more stations that are broadcasting in Digital (I use TWC) are having the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I am wondering if it compression related, as I have noticed that the volume between stations differs significantly. My wife who usually watches chick flick type programs with my two teenage daughters in another room is complaining that some stations are very loud.

I originally posted this on the SMS forum because Scott from Outlaw suggested that I could use the SMS-1 to really flatten out my HT response for music and DVD's and setup a second preset to remove the boom (or just lower the base).. However, noone has responded to that thread, and I am hoping to at least confirm the problem.
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra