Hi Gonk,

Good point about the different variables. Although, there as been one constant between switching components...I am still using the same mains amp...a ATI 1502 (also 150w/ch). That was the only way I could come up with a estimate of db variance. I had been adjusting everything around the mains. With that said...you cannot compare the amplifiers (Sony to Outlaw) in over-all quality to cost. Apples to oranges.

My dad is hi-fi guy. I grew up listening to Audio Research pre-amps and IMF speakers powered by tube amps. Gave me a hi-end taste. But unfortunately, I've had to sacrifice my taste for my budget.

Ten years I have been wanting separates. Finally got 'em Monday. And so far, I am pleased and satisfied with Outlaw. I have followed the product since '02, and the website for about a year. I was going to wait until the next gen 990, but they got me with the double down. Not to digress from THX and lack of honest receiver ratings. My original intent was simply to give the Sony ES a positive word.

One further note. Outlaw is incredibly lucky to have you, Gonk, as a member of their forum. My experience in observing online forums is they tend to get hot-headed with beliefs. However, you help bring a civility, fairness, and Outlaw passion to this forum which many of us appreciate. Thank you for your valuable time and insight. Been wanting to express that for awhile, but figured I'd wait until I was a true Outlaw.

AK
Outlaw 990/7125/ATI 150; Mirage OM-5 Mains,OM-C2Cntr,OM-7 Sides,OM-9 rears; Boston Acoustics P1000 Sub; Sony NC555ES CDP; Panasonic 52" plasma, Sony 34" XBR CRT; Grant Fidelity B-283 Tube Buffer; Belkin Pure AV P60