I like the DVI connection simply for the fact that it has screws on it. You plug it in and secure it so it has no chance of falling out.

As for Outlaw going with DVI instead of HDMI, I completely agree with their reasoning and with the thoughts that generated this topic. HDMI is just not a finalized connector. Though there are devices available that support multi-channel audio through HDMI, I have yet to read a review in which any of these devices performed without some sort of quirk within this type of connection. There's usually a "handshake" issue with the HDMI switching that is mentioned and also audio quality questions.

I understand the manufacturer's viewpoint in needing to get the "latest and greatest" on the market. I'm also, however, very tired of them not taking the extra time to develop a universal standard before shipping their products. Their miscues generate so much consumer confusion that it degrades the whole entertainment industry. The average consumer has no chance of experiencing the art as the artist intended if they can't figure out how to view it properly.

Ok, I feel better now that I've said that. laugh