billyTHEkid wrote:
If you have directv, consider upgrading your receiver to an h20 for $99. If you cannot get your local channels in HD, then call them and they will get a waiver for the primetime HD channels.

You are right about the waiver. We get CBS up here in Northern Maine and the local affiliate says they will begin (sometime) programming also in HD. Don't know when, however. Other off-air networks aren't here, except Public which gives gredat HD on this SXRD set, 60 inch, like yours.

We have and are very pleased with dishnetwork. There aren't enough HD channels yet to make it worth getting, nor are they what we are interested in. We don't even subscribe to Starz,Cinemax HBO etc. We particularly like Turner Classic Movies, History Channel, etc. And the networks: hardly do we even watch CBS. So when dish has more channels in which we are interested we will get HD dish. Eagerly awaiting the Blu-ray players and DVDs. They should look fabulous on SXRD.

Question for billyTHEkid: You stated that it takes 1080i if fed to it and upconverts to 1080p [I was unaware of this]...so in doing that does it fill the screen like a HDTV signal off-air?

Thanks for your input (pun unintended) smile
Millenium dts decoder;Digital Director
Players: Tascam CD01U/SonyCX455 x 3/DV955/BDP83
Old Sony 60" SXRD TV
Zone 2 (also liv-Room: listening to music while Mrs watches TV): Crown SL2 preamp/D40 Amp/Stax Headphones

My "Man-cave":
4 channel-only inline room. No TV (thank heaven)!!!
990/755/4-KEF 107s
Tascam CD01U/dts decoder/digital director
Alesis 16x4x2 mixer
Recorders Alesis HD24/ML9600/Crown CX844s/SonyDAT/Tascam DA38
Ham Radio Shack (KB1STH) ICOM/Yaesu/Drakes x 3