I've finally gotten my money together and have a Oppo 970 on the way and also the Outlaw 990 preamp. I'm going to need lots of help setting up both the 970 and 990 as technology has passed by my knowledge of such things. I currently have my old Pioneer dvd player setup as follows, dvd digital coax out into a MSB Gold Dac digital coax in, MSB 2-channel analog out into my old Chiro preamp/processor analog in, 5.1 channel outs to my Chiro 5.1 input (DB-25 type connector). My Chiro didn't do digital processing. For video I'm using Component from Pioneer to my older Toshiba HDTV.

I know some of the setup selections won't be the same with the Oppo since the 990 can now do the digital processing. Questions:

1. If I end up using my MSB Dac for music (don't know for sure) won't I need to pickup a digital optical cable to run from the Oppo to the 990? If so what could someone recommend?

2. Will my current 5.1 cable ( 6 individual plugs at one end and a DB-25 connector at the other) work between the 970 and 990? If not, again what could you recommend?

3. Since my Chiro preamp is outdated I've always just used an analog stereo cable to connect the audio of my Direct TV Tivo to my tv but would I want to get a digital optical cable to use to connect the audio from the Tivo to the 990?