OPPO 970
Hands down the OPPO 970's audio is better than the Samsung 841. Foward presence is enhanced and upper frequency mid and low opened up compairing the oppo 970 to samsung 841. Actually I am reexperiencing my B&W 703's again, its like a sheet was removed from my speakers when the OPPO 970 entered my system.
To be quite honest I had become a little dissapointed in my hi frequency detail and clairity of my system and recently visited an hearing Audiologist, my audiogram test reported my hearing as excellent in all frequencys.
I decided that my dedicated home theater room with carpet, padded walls, curtains either side of the projector screen and padded furniture may have deadend my room.
My problem was the Samsung 841 was my weak link in my system and that became apparent when the OPPO 970 showed up.
Here's a few songs on cd I previewed:

Crusaders (Carmel) Excellent Hi hat on drums and base. I have seen Crusaders live and this was equall to live.
Yellow Jackets (Revelation) cranked up in Bypass is awesome. Is it live or my HT. It is like someone turned on my tweaters. smile

DVD-A Peter Frampton. This sounded poor on my Samsung 841 and I never listened to it again untill the OPPO 970 showed up. Well the oppo 970 made me a believer in dvd-a sound quality again and I am very satified in that Frampton dvd-a now.
On the oppo's remote you can toggle the angle-zoom keys to view the gallery photos via dvd-a.

SACD Diana Krall (girl in the other room) Excellant on the OPPO 970 but I had to set my speakers to small to use cross over on my outlaw 990 to handle base. Actually I prefer large settings on all my speakers and do not utilize the outlaw 990's cross over to much, but I may need to reevaluate this setting for SACD.

NOW HERE IS THE KICKER:
Video: I used CREAM (Royal Albert Hall 2005 reunion) DVD..You have to get this dvd it is great and Eric Clapton Ginger Backer, Jack Bruce really get it done. Song White Room just really kicks ass smile
I did alot of messing around with my hdmi/dvi/componet connections. Hands down the RGB Componet connection into the Outlaw 990 for switching with RGB componet into my Sharp 90z projector was a very good picure in comparison to hdmi to dvi. Not only was the RGB componet picture quality brighter, clearer, contrast nicer I could make all on screen adjustments with this connection.
I ran Cream with DTS setting for audio on the dvd disc and then made sure the outlaw was also DTS and I tell you guys this is a must have DVD for your system and most likely be used for demo's to your Audio Buddies. I was lucky to record Cream's White Room several weeks ago on mtv's new MTV HD channel via my cox HD-DVR and the oppo's picture while not in HiDef is pretty darn sharp:)
Take care papaBear