So, with both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD ostensibly debuting this year, what are the chances that there will be an actual standard for HDMI soon? I ask because we're talking about getting the big screen TV this Christmas and I want to upgrade the trusty old 1050.

I'm looking at getting a 1070 with the pending tax refund. I want the advantages the new Outlaw gear provides and I can't spend enough at one time to move to separates. I would make the move in stages, since the 1050 has pre-amp outs, but I doubt my ability to convince my wife that spending close to $1,500.00 on an amp (something that she won't be able to discern a difference with) is a good idea. It’d cost less to upgrade to the 1070 and she already thinks spending that much money is a bit much.

Anyway, I read (on the Digital Bits, maybe?) where you won't be able to get digital audio out from the next gen players w/o HDMI cables. Since the current generation of Outlaw gear utilizes DVI (a decision I agree with), I'm wondering when the HDMI standard will be set. If soon, what are the chances that Outlaw will incorporate it? I don’t mind dragging my feet on my receiver upgrade if there is a chance that Outlaw will be implementing something within the next year.

Alternatively, if I’m misunderstanding what I’ve read on the subject of the audio out for the next gen players, someone please clarify for me! I’m trying to semi-future proof my purchasing and would appreciate any advice or insight.