Happy holidays to all the Outlaws out there!

My in-laws are in the process of building their new home and, after having watched movies in my theater room, have decided to build their own media room. They're not exactly tech saavy and they don't feel that the contractor building their home would know much, so they're looking to their son-in-law for advice. How foolish, but I digress.

Not being the HT geek I consider myself to be, they would need a very simple to use system. I have, obviously, recommended the model 1070 as a start (with the release of the 970, this advice may change). The speakers are where I'm stuck. Their budget isn't small, but its not gartagtuan either.

So here's my question: I've seen many-a-post about AV123 products, which is an on-line only dealer. After reading the most recent Home Theater Mag I noticed they paired a Model 1070 with Aperion audio speakers (another on-line only dealer), which they gave rave reviews. Are these on-line only speakers the real deal? If not, what are some other suggestions you could recommend for the budget-minded?

I'm a Paradigm geek, so I have also considered the Monitor series. The price points on the AV123's and Aperion's are enticing though. Feel free to let loose with your opinions. My reputation with my in-laws is at stake here... eek

Thanks everyone and have a great holiday season!