What is becoming of the "high end" part of Outlaw? Here we are in the holiday shopping season and none of the higher-end theater amplifiers are available anymore and no shipping dates have been announced for replacements. There really is no alternative for folks that need more than bookshelf speaker amplification at this juncture unless you want to go with a pile of 1RU mono amps (the 2200).

The 7125 "trade up" offer seems nice, but it also seems like a supreme pain in the rump for someone who already knows they want more than 125wpc. And 75wpc (the 7075) certainly isn't an option. Is there REALLY a market for a 75wpc separate theater amp when so many Japanese theater receivers out there are offering this (or more) level of amplification plus a processor for about the same $$$???

In short, I guess I'm just scratching my head wondering what bizarre decision tree led to the current state of affairs. People come to my house and listen to the equipment I have and inquire about buying something equivalent, but as of this writing, Outlaw has nothing currently shipping to offer for a higher-end amplifier (other than the aforementioned pile of 2200's).

I guess I'm just a bit concerned that the latest flurry of product (with the exception of the 990) seems to be sliding towards the lower-end consumer electronics spectrum rather than the higher end audiophile spectrum...which is a real shame. Is that just where the money is or is this just some scheduling aberration/snafu?

Or perhaps I'm just old and cranky. 8-)

Cheers,