End to end quality standard?

C'mon. When you see some of the dreck that gets the THX nod, one really has to wonder what those "end to end quality standards" entail.

And while I'm glad you're happy with your Kenwood speakers, I suspect you could easily replace them with better sounding gear for a LOT less than $4k. Heck, a half dozen Magnepan MMGs + an Outlaw LFM-1 would likely seem like sitting in Carnegie Hall by comparison and you'd only be set back a little over $2k. The same could be said for a number of value brands that folks mention often here in the forum (though I think you're the first one I've seen use the words "high quality" and Kenwood in the same sentence...no offense).

I suppose when people are looking at some of the consumer-level audio/video gear you'd find at a Best Buy or Sears Roebuck that the THX standard (such as it is) may keep some of these inexpensive mass produced bits more honest. Or maybe not. I have this sneaking suspicion that you supply the storm troopers with your engineering sample for testing, pay your stamp tax and then it's anyone's guess what gets mass produced. But perhaps that's just my cynical nature poking its head up again.

At the end of the day, we all let our ears be the judge. I don't mean to sound like an audio snob. I'm really not (or I wouldn't be here either).

Cheers,