Well........... Back to THX. When I see an audio product with THX emblazoned on the front panel I wonder what the “Value Added” is? I mean when I see DTS, DolbyEX, Cirrus Logic Extra Surround or the many other “features” that are listed for some products I can see a tangible function. With THX I’m not sure what it has given me other than meeting a list of specifications. Now if it is shown that the THX specifications have forced manufacturers to produce audio equipment to a minimum standard that is higher than would be otherwise, then I think having the certification is good thing. The issue seems to be whether someone wants to PAY additional for this certification that may or may not enhance your HT experience. Can someone tell me how much additional a product costs for the certification? If it’s a buck, who cares, if it’s 50 bucks then it becomes an issue.
In a previous post I wondered about the THX certification on Monsters 14 gauge speaker cable. I never stated it was “crappy” just again wondering what the “Value Added” is? Did Monster use a specific purity of copper, a special twist to the wires or maybe a unique sheath that allowed this wire to meet THX specifications? I’ll bet the spec was pay me money and you can use the THX logo.