cburbs: You're in Green Bay! I'm approx 45 miles from you (Shawano area).

I purchased the 1050, then took the advice of many in this forum, and brought a Marantz demo unit home over a weekend for comparison. Both are very good receivers. But sadly I returned my 1050 after three weeks of use. It is a very nice receiver, and I wouldn't discourage anyone from getting one - especially for the price. It packs a punch and sounds very nice for DVD. It is easy to set up and use, and the manual is excellent, particularly for a first time user of HT.

During my research, I had my eye on the Marantz SR5200 all along. But, for a few extra features, I decided to take home a SR7200 demo unit for a test run. Result: the SR7200 was worth the extra $150 for me. Circle Surround, PLII, and the learning remote is just what I need - but the manual assumes you know something about HT.

This is a great forum, and I learned a lot from everyone. The Outlaws are excellent to work with, and all the Gunslingers are understanding and helpful. Unfortunately, I'm one of the very few that found the 1050 not quite right for me.

You need to take the time to listen and compare for yourself, in your own environment. The time you take will be worth it in the long run. Good luck.