Unfortunately, DirectTV is not competative price wise with TW cable (for me). I have a family of 4 (teenagers and adults) with diverse viewing preferences. The big difference is the extra $20 per month that Direct charges for additional boxes that I don't need to provide currently as the family seems content with basic cable on the other non-HD TV's. Also while the content prices are roughly comparable, TW has some sweet spots in their rate table versus cable that I am able to take advantage of. So I believe the difference is more like $40 to $50 per month. Finally, since there doesn't seem to be a deal that includes both multiple Direct-tv receivers and HDTV recording capability, so going with Direct-TV would also include the layout for equipment and a custom installation.

This doesn't include that I get 3Mb+ response time from TW's ISP service and IP phone with unlimited local and long distance plus minor phone services for an additional 79.95. Thats less then I would pay my local carrier Verizon for lower levels of DSL and phone service.
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra