I have to concur with Gonk about the 1068's manual and remote.

The remote is not really bad and not really good. I's functional at best. The remote packaged with my Outlaw 1050 was superior IMO. However, that was not a real concern for me since I was already using an MX-500 remote. (Which by the way is a great remote and currently a great value).

The manual is not quite the worst I have ever seen but it certainly is in the top 10. Again, the manual that Outlaw provided with my 1050 was much superior. I did not have a difficult time setting up the 1068 but that was because I really did not need to use the manual since I am now pretty familiar with setting up multichannel systems.

I was on the fence for quite a while in deciding between the two units and finally just decided on the Rotel. It really is personal opinion and you may want to listen to both units, if possible. I feel confident that I would have been happy with the 950 in my system (especially with the extra $ for music and movies smile ) since I am sure I will start to feel the itch to upgrade in the future. I am pretty sure that my upgraditis will be at least slightly postponed with the 1068 compared to the 950 but will depend on Rotel's ability to release timely software upgrades as needed.

Also, be aware that many users of the 950, 1066 and 1068 noted that the character of their systems changed after some period of "break-in". (Again, I do not want to get into an arguement about whether the pre-pro or the user are breaking in.) I would just suggest you not make a quick decision based upon a short audition.