For Christmas I am asking for a pre/pro. I love reading you guys advice and reviews over products. I find this to be bar none the best resource for all kinds of audio equpiment and even though you truely love Outlaw equipment, there seems to be no bias, at times even picking out the flaws. This is the reason I am going to ask this question here...

I have the option of getting a pre/pro for Christmas, which do you think is better for me to get? The Rotel RSP-1068 or the Outlaw 950. Also, is the Outlaw 950 getting replaced by a newer version soon?(should I hold out for the newer one?) What are the pros and cons when comparing the 2. I am also welcome to other pre/pro's you guys find worthy of the Outlaw and Rotel for its great price range. If you would like to continue on with suggestions on amps (770 vs. Rotel RMB-1075) I would be pleased!
What are some features that the Outlaw 950 does not have that you wish it did. And are the added features going ot be added on the "970" if that is what it is called...Thank you guys... I appreciate the time.