Jeff,

if you are handy at woodworking, or know someone who is, why not build your own? I had a friend build a pair of oak stands for my surround speakers that have served very well for the past 7-8 years. My wife did not want anything hanging from the walls, so these solved that and allow me to move them around if need be. I attached keyhole brackets to back of the speakers, which mount to a screwhead that protrudes from a horizontal crossmember at the top of the two vertical support pieces. The tops of the speakers rise a few inches above this
x-member so you cannot see the stand from the front of the speaker. The speakers are about 5 1/2 feet off the floor, parralel to the main seating position, both speakers firing toward each other. I've had a few child-related mis-haps along the way(kids love to stand on the bases or grab the uprights) and I had to "re-assemble" one stand, that was knocked over, using a power drill and misc. wood screws I had in my tool box (they were originally only glued together)! My point is, I could design a stand that suited my needs better than anything that was on the market.