so i am confused as to what you guys desire to do with your home theatres then? excluding wayne, because his intentions are clear to me and i too try to reproduce sound as accurately as possible (perhaps not with the affinity that he has for thx though).

PARTICULARLY in regards to music, not movies. movie sound is easy, you want it to sound as close to possible as it was intended to sound.

music is different entirely though because it can be heard in different formats. i.e. live with amplified sound, on cd, live without amplified sound, etc. so considering that, what sound do you try to reproduce? the exact sound of what you are playing from the source? i would think so, but if you are, then you are only reproducing the sound of the song as recorded at that one moment. not as you remember it in concert, etc. perhaps you enjoyed the concert better than the cd, and therefore dont want to accurately reproduce the cd sound, but instead want it to sound more like the concert... again, im not talking about reproducing movie audio, just music.

------------------

This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.