Quote:
Originally posted by curegeorg:
i dont know why you guys are so concerned with ilink/firewire, its not the end all.

My uncle once said to me, "What you don't know could fill a book." So, on my free time, I am reading here to learn about audio equipment.

Like I said before, I am no expert on this stuff, but I have to agree with the other guys that this digital connection makes alot of sense for the DVD/A and SACD disks. No mater what you call it, this digital link is simple. And it keeps the signal digital until it can be processed like all the other digital formats from movies and such things that an A/V Processor would need to handle. All the adjustments done in one place, digitally, and then finally converted to analog signals, just once. You could have great DAC's do this in one place. Really simple, like you seem to like it. Multi-channel digital signals all processed and adjusted digitally in the same place, the same way. So simple that you can just forget about it.

I was just thinking, have you ever been to a party, and you went into the kitchen, and then everyone just moves into the living room? And when you walk in there, they all moved back into the kitchen? Some times people at the party just don't understand whats going on. So you keep on moving from one room to another, but it doesn't seem to help. It is like that sometimes. It is important to know when the party is over.

[This message has been edited by Tony S (edited May 31, 2004).]