that is what i thought, good dvd players can process the signal to the most of its potential before sending it out as analog. it is cheaper to keep upgrading dvd players than processors, so you could do so (upgrade) more often utilizing better and better dacs in the future... i guess it is easier to calibrate you processor only to maximize its potential, but surely it cannot be too difficult to do so also for your dvd player.

on my denon 910, i actually like the fact that it has minimal options (granted its not sacd or dvda with more options needed), but on my old pioneer elite there were hundreds of settings that always nagged at my mind as to which way was best.... typically i would prefer the most options possible as it allows the most control, but i have come to the conclusion that if someone else can do something for me and it is as good as i could do it myself, then why waste all my time and energy trying to do it for myself... i have better/more enjoyable things in my life than to contemplate whether to turn mosquito noise reduction on or off, and if my gamma levels are just quite perfect for each movie i watch... etc.

------------------

This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.