gonk- That is why I mentioned Outlaw's very NAD-like stance on power wattage. NAD has been famous for having receivers with low watt ratings be able to get good sound out of power hungry speakers. I've never read a review of a NAD receiver or amp where the writer complained about the power available.

I'd rather have 65 NAD Watts vs. most others 100 watts. I put Outlaw in the same category. I'd much rather have 65 Outlaw watts than 100 sony, pioneer, etc. watts.

While it might not have I-link, it may have much better DACs than the rest of the bunch. Digital decoding, etc. isn't all that important to me. The quality of the DAC and how good the power is. Those are important.

Plus someone help me out here. I-Link is a modified fire-wire developed to carry digital audio of either DVD-A or SACD correct. I've heard that I-Link can only send out 2 channel information, and it doesnt send out multi-channel. Is this correct?

If it is, then I don't really see the need for it.

JT- I said 65 Watts because the blurb on the 1070 model at the show said "65 watts."

[This message has been edited by lotus_j (edited May 28, 2004).]