My wife and I just bought a '98 Toyota Corolla. Nice car, but it has a single cd player, no cassette. I bought an eDigital MXP 100(really works well) a while back and used a cassette adapter to listen to it in the car we replaced.
I have looked around on the web and have seen the FM adapter, using the radio tuned to a specific station not being used by a broadcaster. This doesn't thrill me for some reason. I guess I'm an old-fashioned gunslinger and like wires for transmitting signal to speakers.
Also, I don't like to bring cds into the car environment. Heat, cold, and trying to change a cd while going 65 doesn't thrill me. The MXP 100 solved those problems, as well as making 18 hours of music available when I use a 1GB microdisk.
Does it look like I need to replace the cd player in the car? I have an old Alpine cassette head unit, but am not happy about doing something that looks terrible. I've put this Alpine into other cars, but I didn't care about the final look so much.

Does anyone know of a way to enjoy my MP3 player in our new(to us) car?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

------------------
The answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is 42. But what IS the Question?