My, ahem!, definitely low-budget solution:

In my main theatre I leave all of my subwoofers (four in total - including two Velodyne Servo 1200's) in the "on" position - including those with a "standby" setting. No problem. My B&W ASW-1000 made funny sounds in the "standby" position during soft passages - as it cycled itself on and off - subwoofer burps!

I have all of my power amps (7 stereo units, 4 of which are running in "bridged" mode) connected to a single switched powerbar (strip outlet) - which is in turn connected to a "protected" plug on a big UPS unit (ie. surge and spike protected but not UPS-enabled.) I leave all of the amps switched on, and when I hit the powerbar switch they all fire up - with absolutely no problem. (They all still go through their initial power-on cycle ranging from a few seconds to more than twelve seconds, until their protection circuits disengage.) I was initially worried that the turn-on draw would be enough to trip that 15A circuit but it's never happened. I would therefore conclude that someone with a more modest amp stack should have no problem as well.

Jeff Mackwood