I am trying to determine whether it would be worthwhile and possible to install a device to power my external amp (an older 205 wpc Parasound 1200 II) and an even older velodyne subwoofer on and off. Neither device has a DC trigger circuit that could be attached to the 1050's trigger, nor any type of direct infared input. Consequently if I go forward I would need to get an external device that could handle their large power loads.

Is this even a worthwhile effort for either device. The 1200II's manual indicate the device "requires at least 72 hours of continuous operation after it is first turned on to sound its best". It doesn't indicate it should be left on continually as I have been doing. Also if I do so, I will bypassing what ever power on buffering might occur in the internal systems. If turning the power on via an external switch damages the circuits of either device then I would rather stay the way I am. If this doesn't cause any problems than I am interested in a way to make this happen.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something that would be reliable and cheap besides turning them on and off manually? It could work off the 1050's circuit or with an infrared signal. My primary objective is to reduce my electrical costs so I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on an elaborate power management/conditioning system as this would defeat the primary purpose of acquiring this which is to save money. Also in my particular location of Southern California, this is almost completely unnecessary.
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra