Wow, talk about memories. I didn't know if anyone remembered good old 8-track tapes. (My wife teaches college and some of her students had never even seen a turntable or vinyl before hearing music in her office, let alone knowing about 8-tracks.)

Back to first real systems when we were younger. Back in the 70's when I was in high school and my first couple of years of college (of which there were many), I occasionally would hook my brother's 8-track up to my incredible old Kenwood receiver. I still sometimes use the old Technics turntable that I had back then. I also had a Technics cassette deck and my speakers were Avid Model 60's.

After all these years, I finally refoamed my Model 60's woofers a couple of months ago and the speakers still sound pretty good. My youngest daugther now uses them in her first "real" system.

I look at the listing of equipment that Chris (Thenotsonewguy), Smart Little Lena's son, and youngguns has and just smile. How I would have loved to have had really good equipment when I was younger. Fortunately, I could always go home and listen to my Dad's stuff since he always kept some leading edge stuff around back when he was in his 30's and 40's.

And powered subwoofers --- we'd never even heard of something like that back in the old days. Heck, I remember when we got our first color television.

I guess one of my questions is this:
You younger Outlaws, since you've got such nice gear now, what kind of systems will you have 25 years from now?

also Chris (with a Hi4head and not-so-new)