Hi all
I am sure that many of you Outlaws out there have seen the LCD display in the new Rotel RSP-1098 Preamp/Surround Processor and wished that Outlaw could come out with a pre/pro with the same feature. Well I am here to tell you that you can have your cake and eat it too! I recently added a Digital Worldwide (www.digitalww.com) 7inch diagonal, 16:9 TFT LCD display to my Outlaw 950. No, I did not revamp the front panel display. What I did is purchase the Digital Worldwide Model TM-701L that is in a spring loaded DIN chassis and mounted it in a two unit rack panel above the 950. The 701L features 800 X 480 pixel resolution and two, yes two, video inputs. I have attached one of the inputs to the composite video monitor out of the 950 and the other input to the composite output of my Sony DVD player. Now you know why I chose a 16:9 format screen. The complete 950 menu shows up on the LCD screen at one time so now I do not have to fire up the rear projector when I want to make adjustments to the 950. Also, I can preview DVDs before turning on the big screen. Unfortunately the 701L is a little pricy. I paid $245 with free shipping for the spring loaded (non-motorized) DIN chassis unit which is really cool because no one knows its there until I pop it out. A free standing unit can be purchased for $200 with free shipping. Many of the automotive TFT LCD displays like the 701L do not display 480 lines of vertical resolution. Most of them display 240 vertical lines and can cost about twice as much. Now you know what you can tell the wife you want for Christmas and be right up there with the Rotel crowd, almost!
Enjoy,
TCIII

------------------
If you are going to send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.