Some of you might remember a while back that you helped me with some dedicated circuit issues. Since then I've installed 15 and 20 amp lines, running into my livingroom.

I live in a suburb that usually had decent power. I think we've lost power here like 4 times in 25 years. I currently have a Panamax 4300 connected to each outlet.

But since the blackout of 2003, and me being near Cleveland(where a lot of crap happened), I notice my lights flickering. Sometimes they get low and come back up maybe 2 seconds later.

Other times, it seems like a normal power draw is hitting the system and it only lasts for a nanosecond. From what I've been reading on the net, is that I am experiencing some Voltage sags, and those can be detrimental to gear AS far as I know, my Panamax units do nothing to shield/protect against such events.

Regardless of my situation and the power not being the same since the blackout...

Does anyone here use or recommend a stabilizer? One that regulates its own 120 and keeps it at that without sags in voltage?

I came across a few Furman models and some Monster ones. Both were about $1,500.00 and seemed to be decent in quality as well as the jobs they perform.

I have been reading a lot lately about MOV's and unfortunately, Panamax uses these. I am thinking of upgrading to some Brick Wall units in the near future, but why bother if the electricity is acting all wierd.

I will be selling the house in the spring so I wouldn't do anything right now anyways, but I'm always trying to better my knowledge of such things, and incase I get a place that has crappy power, I won't have to do as much research down the road.

As always, thanks in advance for the opinions/facts

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts