You're darn right humans cant hear them...

A. It's in space. Since space is...well...a void, there isn't any medium to transmit sound through!

B. 57 octaves below middle C...that's so low that couldn't you hear, heck, you wouldn't even be able to time the pulses! C4 (middle C) is a frequency of 261.6 Hz. (261.6 vibrations per second) Octives are produced by doubling or halving the frequency in question, therefore the octive above middle C (C5)would be 523.2 Hz, and the octive below middle C (C3) would be 130.8. The smaller the number, the fewer vibrations per minute there are. 57 Octives below middle C would be a frequency of 6.9-n17. Thats .69 with 17 zeroes in front of it. Now my math may be a little off...lord know's I'm not a math major, but we aren't talking about a frequency that you can measure in seconds. It's not a frequency that you can measure in beats per minute, nor beats per days....or years...or even decades. We're talking one pulse (movement from peak to peak of a wave) per THOUSANDS of years. Why they decided to give it a musical connotation is beyond me.

[This message has been edited by fmcorps (edited September 10, 2003).]