Quote:
Originally posted by Jason J:
One question: What was your recording path and mic set-up? That's only if you can give away your secrets...

There are really no secrets. The three omni directional microphones were placed at the front of the chruch, about 15' apart from each other, and 10' in the air on stands. The mics have low end response that goes WAY down since they are pressure type mics. The mics were fed to a mixer that was designed by a high-end audio designer friend of mine who designed the just released "Tampa" microphone preamp by M-Audio. It sounds very smooth. The center mic was split between the left and right channels and the stereo mix was run into a DAT recorder running at 48Khz 16 bit. The bitrate conversion was done in ProTools using the highest quality setting which is a non-real time process that takes about 6 hours for a CDs length of stereo to be converted.

I have tons of good organ recordings I've made through the years. Unfortunately I only have 10MB of webspace that I can upload to, otherwise I'd be happy to post as much as people can stand. If you can think of a solution, I'm game.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited August 17, 2003).]