Quote:
Originally posted by bossobass:

sanjay,

notice this time, i've directed this post to you so you aren't confused.

Between the two of you, I wouldn't lay odds on Sanjay being the one who's confused.

Quote:

i struggle to understand your opinion in this post, let alone see any point to it.

I imagine that there's a lot of things you struggle to understand, such as the use of the SHIFT key.

Quote:

maybe you would be kind enough to do a paragraph-by-paragraph post in reply to these 2 files:

http://www.dtsonline.com/media/uploads/pdfs/dtsposition.pdf

Don't be obtuse, lad. Of course he's not going to waste his time doing a paragraph-by-paragraph analysis. You think he's like you, with nothing better to do with his time?

I do note, however, that failing to come up with any actual evidence, you simply posted a link to DTS's site. Doesn't say much about your ability to make a case. Unlike SoundHound and Sanjay who both produced actual evidence, you on the other hand have merely pointed us towards DTS's marketing literature. I could point you to similar material on the Bose web site, if you're looking for new speakers...

Quote:

dolby: the benevolent, best technology purveying, apolitical, most consistently professional, most innovative surround format czars. i prefer 900 ton gorilla.

Yes, and I hope you'll pardon us for not taking you too seriously until you learn to speak English like the rest of us. If you want to call Dolby Labs to a "900 ton gorilla" without supporting what, if any, reason makes this analogy apt, that's your right. And it's our right to dismiss you as a crackpot and ignore you.

Quote:

dolby is established as the standard for DSS, DTV, DVD and HDTV, yet dts is preferred by a clear majority of people who care about sound.

Oh really? The clear majority, you say? I presume you can point us to a non-biased census that shows this....?

Quote:

surround music, surround music video and soundtracks...name the largest selling titles, they are dts.

Even if that were the case -- and I'm not convinced it's so -- name the largest selling speaker manufactuer; it is Bose.

Quote:

to tell us that they've acheived this by cheating, or 'boosting the LFE 10db', or threatening the life of a journalist (who we've never heard of) is pointless.

Who you have never heard of. I suspect I know the journalist to whom Sanjay is referring.

Quote:

get it? that means there is no point.

Much like talking to you, I suspect.

Quote:

maybe you should school guys like tom jung who have obviously succumbed to dts' ...

It's "DTS's". The posessive of a singular noun always ends in apostrophe-'s', even if the noun already ends in 's'.

Quote:

... (and apparently Sony's) underhanded, misleading, bogus, criminal rise to a distant #2 in a field of 2. after all, those guys have much more impact (as obvious players) on the consumer's loss in this conspiracy.

Um, what the hell are you babbling about now?

Quote:

jeff...still waiting to hear the where and when of this bet you've proposed. i never refuse easy money.

And I'm waiting for a coherent, intelligent statement from you. I suspect we both have a long wait ahead.

Dude, face it: you're wrong. We've presented mounds of evidence showing you that you're wrong, and the only thing you've been able to present is hyperbole and links to DTS's marketing literature.

You can babble on as long as you like, but until you actually provide some hard evidence, you really shouldn't expect us to take you for anything other than a nutcase who's trying to convince himself that all the extra money he spent on DTS titles wasn't wasted.

Oh, and by the way, take a look at your keyboard. You see that key to the left of the 'Z' key? Well, if you hold it down while you type a letter, you get to access a special easter egg hidden on the keyboard: 43 extra characters for free!!

Jeff

[This message has been edited by D'Arbignal (edited May 22, 2003).]