b][/QUOTE]It would be pointless, as we'd both walk away prefering different things. All that the challenge would do is re-confirm our personal preferences. Nothing more.

Best,
Sanjay[/B][/QUOTE]

not only would it not be pointless, it's THE point. if a direct comparison in the same room won't sway either side, why do people think a forum post is going to? to have the opinion that logic 7 is better than direct multi sacd is fine with me, but inferring that it's better as a matter of fact is pointless and begs a challenge.

BTW, the comments about there not being enough software or enough good multi sacd production available are growing quite old. there are well over 500 titles available. actually, many of them are quite good surround mixes. if someone owns 1 or 2 dozen sacds, he or she hasn't scratched the surface.

i'm with jason. double conversion is degrading and pointless. you end up with pcm, not dsd. a 20 bit dts-cd sounds as good.

the only way you can compare bypass to double converted 'on the fly' is if you have 5 full-range speakers, or outboard analog BM.

dts vs dd. to say that any dts version sounds better because of some sort of EQ manipulation makes no sense. if it was EQ only, then logic would lead you to say the DD version was poorly EQ'd. in every case of a soundtrack that's offered in both formats, i've found the dialog to be clearer and the surround effects to be more head turning.

i happen to believe dts is a better company that produces better product and i'm glad there is ANY competition for the 900 ton gorilla that is dolby labs.