Quote:
Originally posted by Jason J:
There are times when I really should keep my mouth shut. (Or my fingers quiet for that matter ) I knew I would provoke a reaction and that your responses basically lived up to what I expected.

You're right, I do need to "read" up on Logic 7.

"Dark Side of The Moon" is the best multi-channel mix I've heard yet if you're looking for a good mix. That's just my opinion.

I guess my point entails more than I wrote out. I apologize for that. I also apologize if you took any of the post personally for that was never my intention. I don't doubt your knowledge of your system or of any of Lexicon's products. Your posts are very informative and well written. (As opposed to the gibberish mess mine usually end up being.)

This was my sole point. Adding an extra digital conversion after a SACD source has been decoded to analog, to my knowledge, defeats the purpose of having a hi-res source in the first place. That's all.

Your also right that my point doesn't apply to every SACD. Some may be more noticable than others. I probably am relying on too much on theory. Again, sorry.

You may now proceed to repost my post in its entirety and disassemble it as you see fit. Have fun.

Jason,

My apologies if my post came across a little rough. I was still irked by Steves's slights, and I guess I took it out on you a little. I shouldn't have, and I'm sorry.

Right now, my current system only supports DVD-A, and even that is more of a side effect than by design. I simply chose what looked to be the best DVD video player, and it happened to have DVD-A capability.

The DVD-As I've listened to have been nice enough, but nothing particularly special compared to a quality CD plus Logic 7. Perhaps, as you say, it may be that the capabilities of both formats just haven't yet been tapped fully.

I've heard great things about the DSOTM recording, but just a caveat: from what I've read, there was a production error in a number of the discs that cause them to fall apart quickly from use. You should check out the SMR site for more details.

Again, I apologize for being sharp with you. I appreciate your opinion, and think you've acted like a mench. I should follow your good example.

Jeff