Quote:
Originally posted by Jason J:
Umm...if you process your hi-res source the same way you process a cd, i.e. Logic 7, well, the hi-res source won't sound that different. That's kinda not the point of a hi-res source. Re-digitizing (nice word!) a hi-res source makes it just the same as any other analog source your might have. Your processor is still doing the same converting. It might be cleaner, than say vinyl, but your still taking an analog source and making it digital.

If you think that's all that Logic 7 does, you really ought to read up on it more.

Quote:

I admit that SACD doesn't have all that many great multi-channel mixes on the market at the moment. I'll also admit that Logic 7 encoded 2 channel mixes may sound better than 2 channel SACD sourcs.

So when a good multi-channel SACD recording passes my way, then you can convince me it's hot stuff and worth fainting over. Until then, I'm more than happy with what I've got, and as the old adage goes: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote:

It just when you say something like :

I'd definitely prefer DVD-A/SACD with Logic 7 processing over DVD-A/SACD with a mere analog passthrough.

you're missing the point.

And that elusive point would be ...? Please clear it up for someone as obviously unenlightened as myself. You're being far too clever for someone as evidently stupid as me to keep up with you.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by D'Arbignal (edited May 21, 2003).]