Well hang on a second. I wouldn't go as far as saying that the Lexicon is "the next best thing" to the Outlaw. On the contrary, without even having heard the 950, I have no doubt that the Lexicon leaves it in its dust. The Lexicon would be my top pick for sound quality, if for no other reason than its amazing Logic 7 -- a surround processing algorithm that's considered by most to be the best at any price point.

The lack of a DVD-A/SACD 5.1 inputs is a significant handicap ... but only if DVD-A and SACD interests you. Opieie hasn't said whether this is a priority or not.

If it isn't, I'd recommend the MC-1 hands-down. It handles every single surround format worth mentioning, has extremely high-quality DACs and ADCs, and Logic 7 is truly a wonder to listen to. When I owned my MC-1, I almost never listened to anything other than Logic 7.

The Outlaw gives you component video switching, 5.1 inputs for DVD-A and SACD, and is a veritable tweaker's paradise in terms of the number of tuneable parameters.

I don't doubt that the 950's a great piece; everything I've seen of Outlaw's product line has impressed me. However, I think they're simply in two different weight classes.

Jeff