Quote:
Originally posted by charlie

I suppose if you look closely enough analog is really lossy too, it's just harder to exactly quantify how.[/B]

charlie: what do you think about analog vs digital in a pre/pro?
supposing you had a universal player with good dacs.

Dbill: a company called heads up produced spyro gyra's 'in modern times' on sacd. it was done with the format in mind from the start and is truly a masterpiece of a production, imo. they've signed hiroshima to do a sacd multi disc to be released soon.

from the discussions i had with dvd-a people 5 years ago, they plan to mostly remix existing masters because it's 'more cost effective' than paying for full production of a disc from scratch and hoping anyone cares to buy it.

that's why i switched to the sacd camp. though, i must admit, i envy you the 'fragile' album in multi channel hi rez.

sony's strongest selling point is using dsd to archive as it can be easily converted to any digital format, past, present and future (1 is divisible into any number).

hmmmmmm...i wonder what master tapes EMI has that might be worth something??? remember wacko jackson bought the mccartney/lennon library in the 80's and it became part of the huge deal he signed with sony soon afterward.

tommy lee jones in MIB "...i'm gonna have to buy the white album again."