Well, at least you guys did not fall out laughing too hard. I’m trying to figure out how to approach my husband. “Um, I was just wondering if there is some way,,,,,just maybe,,,,,,,(smiles sweetly),,,,,,(makes sure she just fed him lobster),,,,,,we can take one of my two vinnea’s, turn it on its side and temporarily rig it to hang just over the top edge of the 60” LCD screen to see how it sounds,,,,,,140 pounds isn’t that difficult is it?,,,,,,,,(beams at him).”
Think it will work?!

Yes, my center is currently d'appolito, and the Beethoven’s, would look (passable) on its side (except a heck of a size for a center) with grill on, with an extra 2-3 inches on one end of flat wood beyond the grille (normally the base when upright). IF dispersion turned out not to be an issue, I would be willing to do this! (if the quality increase warrented). The maestro is the largest center VA makes. (I’d have to research other manf, trying to match the sound to the VA’s in a larger center config). (unless VA could fab me a custom center Beethoven, naw they wouldn’t would they? I could call!).

Since the display here is 60” LCD RP, (vs a FP with a screen) the only methods are: literally hang it from the ceiling at the top edge of the LCD, or have 2 floorstanders to L of the screen, one R, with one of the L’s pulling center duty.

I found a view of one without its grill,,, http://www.soundsperfection.co.uk/vienna.html
looking at it (in theory) I really don’t know what that array on its side would sound like. Right now my husband hung the maestro center without my input, and he hung it too high over the back center of the LCD (and its prob. 50 pds). He theorized since its back from the front plane of the display, - too low it would radiate from below and bounce off the back of the display losing energy. But he gave it far too much clearance. Which reduced my front soundstage, it really (has) to come down to bring it more in line with the L/R. I will never have the 3 (in this room) on the same height to floor plane, wish I could but it is just not possible. Right now the center is back behind the (distance to listener) plane of the LR’s and much higher. If I could work a Beethoven across the front center he would have to bring the DTL plane of the center forward flush with top of the screen simply to be able to fit the cabinetry of the larger speaker in that corner, bringing it more in line with the l/r’s. (and that’s a force for him (I could not get him too with the maestro) which would benefit me acoustically. The question is would I gain more in range and soundstage than I would lose due to dispersion.
(I may never pull this one off, but can have fun trying.

forgive guys its been such a two weeks I'm slightly overboard tonight contemplating how to improve my favorite pasttime, - for a total change of pace.