SH,

Thank you again, just picked these up. Had never paid attention to ‘dither’ before. (what it was etc).
Somehow I think it was in my personal handbook as, - dither added = dither is bad. Since I had never looked at this subject at all. And if you think like me, - the word ‘dither’ just sounds bad…..if asked to guess without knowing the word has a negative connotation 'ring' to me. Do you want your music rock steady or do you want it to ‘dither’ around?
Now I’ve logged dither as manipulation that benefits the final product.

Can I ask a question, which proves my total ineptitude on many subjects? I was thinking of posting this under its own topic header, but had hesitated since its such a ridiculous question I hated to embarrass myself that badly in public…(although when did that ever stop me most days… ) So I will try and sneak it in here, (some damage control) for any who might have thoughts on the subject.

I was contemplating the fact that my mains (L & R) are so much more capable than my matched center (same line. nice setup..but…). Has anyone taken a 3rd main turned it on its side…(I told you it was a crazy thought) and used it for a center? I know that regards the Beethoven’s I am talking about a direct-radiating straight array, which would give you your tweeter on your left, mids centered and woofer on far right. Would the increase in center capabilities be negated by how off-axis your sound would be coming from a Beethoven laid on it side (which was never intended for such a setup).

Don’t fall out of your chair too hard laughing at the strange ways my mind can work. But I am frustrated by the fact that my very nice center Maestro, is really not as good a speaker as the Beethoven’s, when I have SO much information being routed through the center channel when spinning DVD’s for HT.