on some future format uncompressed is anyone working on this? …or are the masses just doomed to continue never realizing what they are missing?

Listening to DVD’s like the Matrix, can bother me If I’m paying attention to scoring in the movie…no one denies the impact of pumping that DVD through a good HT system. But if you take the time to ‘listen’ to sound particularly in the busy overlaid passages, (the big lobby battle) really the ‘sound’ stinks, -there’s a lack of quality to the thumping score which is hard to even notice overlaid as it is with gunfire. It’s fun it’s loud but it not musical.

I had early decided (for me) I much preferred DTS for movies, and purchase this whenever possible, nice to hear 2 “sound guys’ impressions on a comparative listening on that topic.

The DTS by comparison, while sounding preferable, sounded "enhanced" over what it should have.
Could it be due to interactions of psychoacoustics that DTS often tends to be preferred? Due to those ‘enhancements’ faintly creating an illusionary effect of a more ‘lively’ presentation. Crudely beefing up the strangulation of sound occurring due to compression?

Going from that to the DD version was like moving from CD to Dixie-Cups-And-String.
. Hes no gentleman, he aint, to interfere with a poor girl (which one of you is Colonel Pickering and which Henry Higgins?) LIZA [snatching up the [original 24 bit masters], and hurling them at him one after the other with all her force] There are your [original 24 bit masters] And there. Take your [original 24 bit masters]; and may you never have a day's luck with them! Theres a pare of blokes menners f' yer! Eed nowed bettern to spawl a pore gel's hapeniss with jest ole DTS ad DD. Will ye-oo Ah-ah-ah-ow-ow-ow-oo!

(I don’t ever give the impression I’m jealous of others having opportunities for such fasinating audio experiences. Do I? )