Actually I think I sat through the wrong 2/3rds of the film. I had to sit through the gawdaweful two hours of :snicker: love story. But even the attack scene felt realy empty. We watch numerous ships explode, but every time one blows up, we se ships personell literally thrown hundred of feet in the air. Now, yes, I realize that when ships blow up real good, bodies will fly, but NONE of these "extras" had any "weight" to them whatsoever. In old movies, at least the "dummies" had some physics behind them, but in pearl harbor it looked like a looney toons cartoon. I'm just getting grumpy in my old age, but watching sailors follow Wiley-E-Cyote physics took a lot of the impact out of the special effects for me.

The other thing that made me nautious was the friggin' 5 second rule that Bay seems to adhere to...namely he cant stay on a shot for more then five seconds before cutting to somewhere else. Yes, in music videos it may work great...but sitting through 3 hours (or in my case 2 hours) of 5 second shots...I just couldn't get "into" the movie.

For example, imagine watching Unforgiven (a new aquisition to my collection) And instead of this:

(2 minutes of footage)
Long panaramic establishing shot of snow covered peaks, slowly we watch as twohorsemen cross the vast vista of Montana, We pan across the horizon and come upon a desolate wooden shack.

We get this:
(2 minutes of footage)
5 seconds cut to horses with mountains in the background
5 seconds cut to Ned Logan's face
5 seconds cut to Ned Logan's Gun
5 seconds cut to Ned Logans Face
5 seconds cut to The Schofield Kid's gun
5 seconds cut to American falg flying by cabin
5 seconds cut to The Schofield Kid's eyes
5 seconds cut to Ned Logans Eyes
5 seconds cut to The Kids Eyes
5 seconds cut to Ned Logans mouth
5 seconds cut to The Kids Horse
5 seconds, pan to mountains
5 seconds, cut to Ned and Kid
5 seconds, cut to ned and kid across mountain
5 seconds, cut to Ned and Kid's back, showing decrepit cabin.
5 seconds, show cabin, with ned and kid in background
5 seconds, ned's eyes
5 seconds, kids guns
5 seconds, horses butt
5 seconds Ned's eyes
5 seconds cabin door

It's tireing just to read through it, I'magine sitting through it for 3 hours.